New in MarkStein Publisher 8.1
Paragraph lines for all lines
In the Paragraph Properties dialog, on the Line tab, you will find the new All Lines option. If this is activated, then the paragraph lines are repeated for all lines of the paragraph.
Example of a layout with paragraph lines. The black paragraph line is repeated in each line and adjusted to the respective text width of the flatset.
Example of a layout with paragraph background. The gray paragraph background continues into the next frame when you wrap. The backgrounds of the two paragraphs merge because both paragraphs have identical settings.
The Background function in the Paragraph Properties dialog gives you the option of placing a trailing color area behind a paragraph.
When you add a background to a paragraph, the color area grows with it as you expand or shorten the text content of the paragraph. If you expand or shorten text in a preceding paragraph, then the background area moves along with the paragraph. In the Paragraph Properties dialog, you can select the following options on the new Background tab:
- Background: On / Off
- Top Edge: Select the position of the top edge of the color area: Line feed, ascender, versal height, accent height, lowercase height, text height, or baseline.
- Bottom Edge: Specify the position of the bottom edge of the color area: Baseline or Descender.
- Width: Specify the width of the color area: Indent, Text, or Column. Selecting Column extends the color swatch across the entire text column. Selecting Text will extend the color swatch across the text only.
- Background: Choose a color for the color area.
- Tint: Specify the value for the color tone.
- Opacity: Specify the value for the opacity.
- Inset Top: Specify the value you want the color area to extend beyond the top edge.
- Inset Left: Specify the value you want the color area to extend beyond the left edge.
- Inset Bottom: Specify the value you want the color area to extend beyond the bottom edge.
- Inset Right: Specify the value you want the color swatch to extend beyond the right edge.
- Corner radius and corner style: Choose a radius and shape for the corners. You can select a separate radius and and shape for each of the four corners.
- Clip To Frame: Select this option to crop the color area at the edges of the frame.
- Do not Print or Export: Select this option to have the background area ignored when the document is printed or exported.
- Continue identical backgrounds: Seamlessly continues backgrounds with identical settings.
PDF-Export in PDF/X-Standard
PDF export can now generate PDF files according to the following standards:
To do this, simply select the desired standard from the PDF/X drop-down menu in the PDF Export dialog.
When exporting to PDF-X standard, a color profile must be selected as Output Intent. The corresponding drop-down box is located directly next to the PDF/X standard selection.
Packing files from MarkStein Publisher
The new package function in Markstein Publisher is very suitable for external exchange with service providers and customers or for archiving. Packaging as a package means: All used image files and fonts are saved together with the MXD file in a folder. You specify the destination folder in the Package dialog.
Call the Package function in the main menu File > Package. The Package dialog appears, where you specify the destination folder. The Package dialog offers you the following additional options:
- Copy Fonts: All fonts used in the document are copied and pasted into the Fonts subfolder in the destination folder.
- Copy Linked Images and Graphics: All image files linked in the document are copied and pasted into the Links subfolder in the destination folder.
When opening a packaged file, all image files previously linked from different sources now exist collectively in the Links folder and are automatically relinked.
Please note when upgrading from version 7.x to version 8.1: In MarkStein Publisher 8, text flows can be different compared to previous versions. You should therefore check the text flow when transferring existing layouts from version 7 and adjust them if necessary.